Translate

Friday 6 September 2013

MADRID ARE NOT BIGGER THAN JUVENTUS

Juventus legend Marco Tardelli believes the Serie A champions are on a par with Real Madrid and feels only Barcelona are superior to the Bianconeri.

The Turin giants made it to the quarter-finals of the Champions League last term, where they were beaten by eventual winners Bayern Munich, and Tardelli is confident that Juve can do even better in 2013-14.

"I don't think Juventus are inferior to Real Madrid," the Republic of Ireland assistant coach was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"Only Barcelona have more quality in my opinion and even they are not too far ahead. I don't think Bayern are stronger than Juve."

The 58-year-old then went on to discuss the arrival of Carlos Tevez and Angelo Ogbonna and believes Juventus have invested well this summer.

"I think Juventus have made some good signings. Tevez is a high-profile purchase. I have already seen Mirko Vucinic improve alongside him.

"And the signing of Ogbonna is a good deal, too. He's a player I have always liked."

Juventus currently sit joint first in Serie A with six points from two games.

No comments:

Post a Comment